MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Recover from Ibdata1
Posted by: Peter Brawley
Date: July 08, 2014 07:55PM

I have the .frm, ibdata1 and the log files for my database. I think they are version 5.1

I have installed 5.6.17 on my new PC and I am using workbench 6.1.

When I stop the server and copy my files over the existing, they are larger, and restart the server it reverts back to the original files instead of the new. How do I recovery from my .frm, ibdata1 and the log files.

An unreliable method that's likely to corrupt your data.

The safest method would have been to have regular mysqldump backups. Failing that, the next safest approach is to ...

- install the version of MySQL you had

- copy in the data files from the fried box

- test thoroughly till you've proved that the database is complete & correct, then take a complete mysqldump backup and store it in a safe place

- upgrade to the latest version of 5.5; be sure you run mysql_upgrade; again test to prove the DB is complete and correct, then take another mysqldump backup

- repeat the above step for the desired 5.6 version

At each upgrade, you will very likely have to make some changes; for a list of such potential issues see "Backward-incompatible changes, 5.0 through 5.6" at http://www.artfulsoftware.com/infotree/mysqltips.php.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
June 24, 2014 07:58AM
July 08, 2014 06:08PM
Re: Recover from Ibdata1
July 08, 2014 07:55PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.