MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Having trouble restoring an sql backup via phpMyAdmin on a Bitnami stack install
Posted by: Mathew Guise
Date: October 10, 2014 12:06PM

I successfully installed Wordpress 4 locally on my Apple OS X 10.9.5 via Bitnami but now I am having trouble restoring a backup.

I created a database with a name that is different than the one I used when I backed up the wordpress site with BackWPup. I did this because I am I am currently using that database name for another site. I was successfully able to import the sql file into the new database I created. For some reason I am unable to login to the Wordpress site with a username and password. As far as I can tell I put the correct db_name, db_user, db_password, db_host, etc. in the config file.

Could it be because I created a database with a different name?

I thought I could try changing the database user and password so I can get into wordpress that way. I log into phpMyAdmin, click on my database, click on wp_users and I get the following message “MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). (Query took 0.0003 seconds.)”

I would like to restore my backup but I don’t know what gives. Thanks for your help in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Having trouble restoring an sql backup via phpMyAdmin on a Bitnami stack install
October 10, 2014 12:06PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.