MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Python and MySQL BLObs
Posted by: Michael Hopprich
Date: November 05, 2014 04:49AM

I have used relational databases for decades going back to pre-SQL Informix. Since then I have used Informix, Ingres, Oracle and MS-SQL plus a rather flakey one, whose name escapes me, some five years ago. My experience with MySQL is somewhat limited but I have no issues with the basics (saving/retrieving data via the uitilities or software written in various languages. However, I am new to using BLObs and so on to my problem:-

I am accessing a MySQL database (V5.5) via a Python program for generating bespoke reports. The standard fields (int, varchar, datetime, etc.) present no problem - in general I am putting these into Python lists for subsequent processing. However one table makes extensive use of BLObs; these hold either Binary/HTML/PDF/PNG/CSV data. My problem is how to handle them once they are returned in a SELECT statement. The Binary data needs further processing and the PNG may need to be inserted into a report.

Thanks in advance...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Python and MySQL BLObs
November 05, 2014 04:49AM
November 05, 2014 10:54AM
November 06, 2014 08:03AM
November 06, 2014 08:36AM
November 06, 2014 10:52AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.