MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Remote connection to MySQL [Access denied for root]
Posted by: Ryan Smith
Date: January 26, 2015 07:07PM

Hello, I'm fairly new to MySQL and I've just began developing programs in C#, vb.net etc that requires MySQL databases obviously to store information.

Well, I've had luck with WampServer so far and I just got a new VPS with OVH Hosting & I'm trying to connect to the MySQL-server I've installed on it, (I have LAMP installed). So, when I connect with MySQL workbench or even my own program I get this error:

Access denied for user 'root'@'rrcs-[Some IP Address].se.biz.rr.com' (using password: YES)

I've been told thus far to go into the my.cnf file in /etc/mysql but I've had no luck (binding IP addresses) I've also bound the "rrcs-.se.biz.rr.com" address, whatever that is.

Please help me, I'm pretty confused at the moment and any help is really appreciated. F.Y.I I don't have this issue on WampServer but I'm pretty sure there is a reason for that (and no OVH hosting isn't bad).

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Remote connection to MySQL [Access denied for root]
January 26, 2015 07:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.