MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Update SQL via XML file
Posted by: Grace Culver
Date: February 20, 2015 07:02PM

I am running Sql 5.0 and can really use some assistance. I have a database that contains two tables (class_list and class_list_pics) . Via a XML file I would like to update or replace values in various columns. The tables and XML file contains at least 6000 records and the information varies.

The primary key that connects the tables are Class_list.sid = Class_list_pics.listings_sid. Because the sid is a autoincrement value assigned by SQL these values do not appear on the XML file.

I need to join the tables and update based on the PID value which is found on each XML record. I am all thumbs and could use step by step directions.

Class_list - (PID column is found on this table) I would like to replace values of (address, phone)

Class_list_pics - I would like to replace values of (picture_url, caption) there are multiples for each listings_sid

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Update SQL via XML file
February 20, 2015 07:02PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.