MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: SQL Fresher!
Posted by: Bobby Brown
Date: March 19, 2015 11:27AM

Thanks for your reply.

What can i use to look at the settings of the mySQL that my forum uses?

Whilst i know that if the settings are set up properly or left on auto, the database for my forum will probably never reach the limitations of mySQL but i am fully aware of people who do things without knowing what they're doing, so i just want to make sure to the best of my abilities. I've also seen it via Google, where some people in recent years have had a full database issue, even though it's only 16MB in size because of the admin had altered a setting that they shouldn't have done.

In terms of retrieving and importing deleted topics.
The way that i backed up the forum is by simply putting the entire forum directory in a tar and downloaded it locally to my machine. I know that this probably isn't the most efficient for backing up the database but i've also been making alterations to the forum and so it seemed the most sensible.
Is there any tutorials out there that will guide me through what i want to do? And/Or software?

Thanks
Bobby

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
March 17, 2015 06:31AM
March 18, 2015 10:46PM
Re: SQL Fresher!
March 19, 2015 11:27AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.