MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Error log file for MySQL 5.5 on Windows
Posted by: Peter Brawley
Date: July 02, 2015 11:41AM

1. The error log will show which Inserts failed and how. The SQL insert statements don't become "records" or rows till they're inserted, so there's no such thing as "records that were not inserted". If the error log is insufficient for your requirement, there are a couple of ways to go. One would be to enclose the Insert process in transactions so they succeed or fail en bloc. In the unlikely event that that's not practical, you could turn on the "general log" (see the manual page for logs), or more elaborately, see http://www.artfulsoftware.com/infotree/Transaction%20time%20validity%20in%20MySQL.pdf for a review of how to build an audit system.

2. > I do not have my.ini or my.cnf on my PC.

Unlikely. To find what my.ini is in use, open up the Services applet, scroll to the MySQL entry in the list, right-click, select Properties; in "Path to executable", "defaults-file" is followed by the full path to my.ini

3. By default the error file is in the folder set b datadir in my.ini. It's usually preferable to let mysql put its error files where it chooses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2015 12:12PM by Peter Brawley.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Error log file for MySQL 5.5 on Windows
July 02, 2015 11:41AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.