MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Server Crashes after every database backup.
Posted by: Paul Williams
Date: July 15, 2015 11:11PM

Hello,

Right, I'm a total noob, Im actually SQL server DBA that has been given a MySQL issue to solve, and I'm hoping somebody may be able to help me out.

In a nutshell, we are backing up a database on a nightly basis, and for some reason it take the database down for 5-10 minutes afterwards. When I look at the MySQL Enterprise backup, the backup is always a success.

When I look at the Server Logs, nothing has been logged for just under a month, so I cant find anything there. Is there some way of having all events logged so I can see what is going on after a backup to begin finding the cause? Any kind of help would be useful, I don't know a thing about MySQL, so please explain it like you would explain it to a five year old child, please.

Here are some details, I am using MySQL Workbench 6.0 6.0.9.1142 Build 1169, on Red Hat Linux Server Release 6.6 Kernel 2.6.32-504.12.2.e16.x86_64 on an x84_64, not sure if any of that is relevant. To make things more complicated, I am a Windows guy (don't hate me), so I do not know Linux either.

Appreciate any help, if further info is required, and I'm sure it is, I'll need to be told how to get it. We have the command line interface, not the GUI.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
P.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.