MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Cannot get MySQL to start
Posted by: Justin D.
Date: August 27, 2015 05:57AM

Hi Rick. I was able to copy the file references in the stackoverflow article. I ran windows drive error checking any way. Made no difference to my problem.

I am trying to import a very, very large dump file from the command line using the instructions in the link below. The command line is importing in batches of around 20,000. After around the seven millionth record the command line gives a message saying connection to mysql lost. After that I am unable to start MySQL. I am presuming that a data file has been corrupted. What I may try doing is uninstalling MySQL. Then I will re-install and use UltraEdit to break the dump file into files of about one million records each. Perhaps I can import all the records that way. Unless you can think of something else.

https://cmanios.wordpress.com/2013/03/19/import-a-large-sql-dump-file-to-a-mysql-database-from-command-line/

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it. I am familiar with SQL Server but not mysql.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
August 24, 2015 05:41PM
August 26, 2015 02:33PM
Re: Cannot get MySQL to start
August 27, 2015 05:57AM
b b
October 10, 2015 03:46AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.