MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Need help with join/lookup
Posted by: Michael Doré
Date: September 27, 2015 08:46AM

I am trying to figure out how to do the equivalent of a VLOOKUP in excel lookup for a value in one row and returning the value to my table. I can query and turn a TRUE if the row exists, but I cannot figure out how to return the value of SFDC_Id from the SFDC_Users table to the field in eidtable_diff.

This is being run against 270K rows so whatever way is more efficient would be appreciated.

Any help is appreciated.

/* Make new table */
CREATE TABLE sfdc_users (SFDC_Id TEXT(22) NULL COMMENT '');
ALTER TABLE sfdc_users ADD COLUMN `FederationIdentifier` TEXT(20) NULL COMMENT '';

/* Load last SFDC_USER file */
LOAD DATA INFILE 'FAKE PATH' INTO TABLE sfdc_users CHARACTER SET utf8 FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' ENCLOSED BY '"' LINES TERMINATED BY '\r\n';

/* Make new table */
CREATE TABLE eidtable_diff (`Unique_ID` VARCHAR(9) NULL COMMENT '');

/* Load last DIFF file */
LOAD DATA INFILE 'FAKE PATH' INTO TABLE eidtable_diff CHARACTER SET utf8 FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' ENCLOSED BY '"' LINES TERMINATED BY '\n';

/* Add my column to return the SFDC_Id from the SFDC_users table */
ALTER TABLE eidtable_diff ADD COLUMN `SFDC_Id_diff` TEXT(22) NULL COMMENT '';

/* This correctly sets to true where the user exists in the table - but I also want to return the value of the ID from the SFDC_USERS table */
UPDATE eidtable_diff SET IsInSFDC = 1 WHERE (ID > 1 AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sfdc_users WHERE `eidtable_diff`.`Unique_ID`=`sfdc_users`.`FederationIdentifier`));

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Need help with join/lookup
September 27, 2015 08:46AM
September 27, 2015 11:25AM
September 28, 2015 01:00AM
September 28, 2015 11:00AM
September 28, 2015 11:41AM
September 28, 2015 04:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.