MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Select an array from one databank and compare it to one from another databank
Posted by: Frank Olschewski
Date: November 26, 2015 05:13AM

Hey Barry,

thank you again. You are really helpful. I understand now, why the relation table is needed (since it is many:many relation) and I read more about normalization, makes absolutely sense, shame I didn't get that before. But that's probably
I am currently rewriting my tables, the forms and other parts of my site since they simply used the name of the subject (e.g. when people click on "I am looking for a teacher in.. Mathematics/English/French -> the next page greets them with "Here are our teacher for Mathematics/English/French). Now I guess, I have to users numbers for that and replace them on the next page via a connection to mysql so the right subject is shown.
I just hope I don't mess it up and the relation tables will work :P.

Concerning the different joins and the order of the joining: is there something particular I should keep in mind? Until now, it does not make much sense to me to differ between the different JOINs because they all do their work, at least LEFT JOIN and the normal JOIN, which I mostly use, because both connect the tables, from which I can then extract the needed input via SELECT.
And the order of the join: did you choose your order of the JOINs on purpose or doesn't it matter in which order I do the JOINs as long as every table joins somehow in?

So I am currently finishing my plan of the rearrangements to harmonize my site with normalized tables, then I start with the replacements.

Best regards,
Frank

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.