MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Autoit array to sql
Posted by: Martin Weaver
Date: February 20, 2016 07:33PM

I am looking for some guidance, i have been writing an application with an assistant at work and what it does it it imports some text files to an SQL database. Well the company that wrote the application that creates these text type files has changed some of the fields. Now a field that use to be numeric only can now being with one to two characters, it depends on how the sorter who ran the program set up the parameters.

So now when i run my script in autoit it will of course pick out the columns i want but if it goes to insert the data into the database it fails to do so because of the characters.

So now I am trying to find a way that if characters are in that column it will ignore them and replace them with zeros.

Being as i am fairly new to SQL was wondering if there was a simple command i could using with the insert command that would check to make sure the data being passed is all numeric and if not change it to numeric.

Hope this make sense being as i am fairly new still not 100 percent sure how to explain things.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Autoit array to sql
February 20, 2016 07:33PM
February 20, 2016 08:45PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.