MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Manual mysqld start required after upgrade
Posted by: Mark Asano
Date: March 08, 2016 03:31AM

I thought I had posted this but it doesn't seem to have gone through. If this is a duplicate, apologies.

I have been asked to upgrade a development server, not to the latest release but to match the version of another server for testing. After upgrading MySQL to 5.5.44 everything works as expected except after rebooting the server mysqld must be started manually.

The upgrade was performed as below:

yum replace mysql-libs --replace-with mysql55w-libs
yum install mysql55w mysql55w-server

A contractor originally installed the server, they may have been following this guide - http://www.shayanderson.com/linux/complete-centos-65-server-install-with-web-server-and-mysql-server.htm

The actual service being supported here is a VLE system called Moodle. I have read through the documentation there, looked through the logs etc. and tried what has been suggested. I don't have anything left to investigate after fixing the warnings/errors encoutered so far, "mysql_update" has been run for example.

This is my first experience with MySQL so I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Manual mysqld start required after upgrade
March 08, 2016 03:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.