MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Connection Issues
Posted by: Jen DeNoble
Date: March 08, 2016 12:29PM

I seem to be getting random server connection issues.

In second semester of my studies, during MySQL classes, login to the MySQL server would randomly not ask for a password (even though a password had been set) and therefore could not connect. I asked my teacher about it and she said it's an issue people have sometimes, and they seem to fix it by reinstalling MySQL.

One year later, I'm using MySQL at placement on a different computer and getting connection errors again. Several weeks ago, I tried using MySQL and it would not ask for a password on login and would not connect to the server. I ended up shutting my computer down while I went on lunch break, and when I came back and launched MySQL Workbench, it was asking me for my password again. It's been doing that ever since. Now today, I'm not getting asked for my password.

What the heck is causing these seemingly random connection issues? How can I fix it and prevent it from happening again?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Connection Issues
March 08, 2016 12:29PM
March 08, 2016 03:48PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.