MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Unable to import/output files with MySQL
Posted by: Michael Kordvani
Date: October 23, 2016 02:37PM

Hey guys,

So heres my issue:

I need to use the command line client for MySQL, which to my knowledge is only available with the 5.5 server.
I have a software project that requires me to set up a MySQL database, populate it with data through an input file, and log this data to an output file, doing all of this in Java.

My issue is that whenever i try to compile my program, i get:

"Error: java.sql.SQLException: The MySQL server is running with the --secure-file-priv option so it cannot execute this statement"

I checked it in the 5.5 server command line to see where this instruction is located, but it says that it is set to NULL.
I checked the my.ini file for 5.5, there is no instruction for this.

May help:
I also downloaded the 5.7 server in the past, but have since uninstalled it. In the my.ini config file for 5.7 this instruction exists and it is set to a certian path,but i dont see how the two could be connected. I even tried leaving my files in that path but it still didnt work.

If anyone knows how i can do this please let me know.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Unable to import/output files with MySQL
October 23, 2016 02:37PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.