MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Federated Storage Engine

Not getting all of the data
Posted by: Joelle Tegwen
Date: October 06, 2006 12:05PM

I've got some federated tables set up that mirror production data on our test server. Permissions on the tables are SELECT only for the test server.

When I do a select query in the query browser I get a correct listing of the records. However, when I access a web page that calls the same data I get N copies of the same record. (So if I am supposed to get records 2,3,4,5,6 I might get 5 copies of record 52)

If I do select * from (real quey here); it comes out fine, but I really don't want to be hitting my server like that because all of that code would go up to production too.

Why is this happening and what can I do about it?

PS
One thought I had was to make a local table that is a copy of the federated table and use triggers to keep it updated but I couldn't get that to work. So I thought I would start at the beginning and see if I could fix the problem completely.

Thanks in advance for your help
Joelle

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Not getting all of the data
October 06, 2006 12:05PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.