MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Federated Storage Engine

Create federated table hangs on 5.0.18
Posted by: Philip Smith
Date: February 28, 2006 09:31AM

When I try to create a federated table (to the same server) it just hangs

user root set up with no password with full access. Seems to log in OK, but fails to open the remote table to run the SELECT.

SQL entered:
create table AgentTable (ID int(4) auto_increment not null, Str varchar(255), primary key (ID) ) ENGINE=FEDERATED DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 CONNECTION='mysql://root:@localhost:3306/Results00000001_1/AgentTable';

If I connect to the server, and see what is running, this is what I see.

mysql> show processlist;
+----+------+-----------------+-------------------+---------+------+----------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Id | User | Host | db | Command | Time | State | Info |
+----+------+-----------------+-------------------+---------+------+----------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| 3 | root | localhost | Results00000001 | Query | 112 | creating table | create table AgentTable (ID int(4) auto_increment not null, Str varchar(255), primary key (ID) ) ENG |
| 4 | root | localhost:54019 | Results00000001_1 | Query | 112 | Opening tables | SELECT * FROM `AgentTable` WHERE 1=0 |
| 5 | root | localhost | NULL | Query | 0 | NULL | show processlist |

And I never get any further.

Any ideas ?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Create federated table hangs on 5.0.18
February 28, 2006 09:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.