MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Partitioning

Partition by Date + file-per-table
Posted by: Jake Chung
Date: May 01, 2008 06:57AM

I was wondering if anyone else has used the Partitioning feature with file-per-table on Windows.

I currently have a database where all my tables use the InnoDB engine and are partitioned by date. I also have recently set up MySQL to use file-per-table(things work fine without file-per-table).

When I first start the server and run my application, everything looks fine and dandy. However, once I create a new partition and my INSERTs go into the next partition, things get wacky. My application seems to lock up on queries, and when I use the MySQL client to perform queries like "SHOW PROCESSLIST" or "SHOW TABLES", it locks up.

I tried searching Google, bugs.mysql.com and forums.mysql.com for help but have found nothing. Has the partitioning feature been tested with file-per-table? Does anyone have any ideas of what's going on?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Partition by Date + file-per-table
May 01, 2008 06:57AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.