MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Partitioning

partition by rows & fields
Posted by: Stan Chernov
Date: October 06, 2010 09:35AM

I am working on building a large DB, i'll be pulling good 15K or rows every 5 minutes, and fairly sure that with time DB will grow quite a bit. I am trying to figure out what would be a good way to partition a table to make sure that i can run somewhat efficient queries on it 5 months later.

with that in mind, i don't really know how much data should i store in each partition. Right now i am thinking of partitioning the table by day (one partition for every day of the year) and then on top of that i'd like to break up each partition into two separate sub-partitions. The second partitioning will break the table into two partitions, with one holding majority of the fields i will be using on regular basis and second partition for fields i do not expect to work with all that often (most of those fields will have xml data in them).

Any idea if i could accomplish this with MySQL? and if so, anything special i need to consider when partitioning in such a manner?

thanks for any advice, as always any links would be of much help.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
partition by rows & fields
October 06, 2010 09:35AM
October 10, 2010 01:02PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.