MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Full-Text Search

Re: Full Text search on multiple tables?
Posted by: Salomon Valverde
Date: August 29, 2006 04:06PM

Hello James,
I took your advise on this thread and created my query with the OR MATCH statements, which the query logically seems correct, but I am getting an error that is driving me crazy, Can you or anyone out there in MySQL land please give me a hand on this?? My PHP query statement is as follows:

$sql = "SELECT rt.first_name,rt.last_name,rt.agent,rn.note, MATCH(rt.first_name) AGAINST('%$keyword%') OR MATCH(rt.last_name) AGAINST('%$keyword%') OR MATCH(rt.agent) AGAINST('%$keyword%') AS score FROM rose_tickets AS rt LEFT JOIN rose_notes AS rn ON rt.id = rn.ticket_id WHERE MATCH(rn.note) AGAINST('%$keyword%')";

Im getting the following error:

Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list

Also Im not sure if I'm suppose to be passing the MATCH() function the table alias names, ex. MATCH(rt.first_name)... or if it's suppose to be exactly the field names in my index. Although I think the error that it's throwing me has nothing to do with this situation.

Thanks in Advance.

Sal

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
January 05, 2006 06:23PM
Re: Full Text search on multiple tables?
August 29, 2006 04:06PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.