MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Query Browser

Re: Edit button grey on some tables
Posted by: Adam Miller
Date: February 25, 2005 01:48PM

Pardon me if this answer is obvious, but it is not obvious to me. How can you have the GUI display several rows with values, but then somehow not know where to apply those changes when the user edits them in the GUI, thus grey the Edit button? This behavior of the GUI is non-intuitive. It took me a long time to figure out why certain tables had a grey Edit button and others did not.

Maybe if the technical problem has no workaround, then there should be some other visual indicator that leads to user to why they can't edit them. I find the Edit feature in the GUI to be an extremely useful one so I use it a lot. This is just a nagging detail that would be great to see some sort of resolution. I can imagine lots of other people getting hung up on this.

From my point of view when I encountered the problem, all I knew is that among all of these similar tables, some had a grey Edit button and others didn't. It was quite perplexing until I got help on the forums.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
November 04, 2004 07:42PM
Re: Edit button grey on some tables
February 25, 2005 01:48PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.