MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Launching Mysql as Windows service with defaults-file option On Vista
Posted by: paz paz
Date: September 22, 2009 12:43AM

Launching Mysql as Windows service with defaults-file On Vista

I am facing problem while lanuching MySql as Windows service on MS Vista ( Home and Ultimate) using --defaults-file option. Samething works fine under Windows XP. Here are steps :

1. I install MySql 5.1.39 with Typical option but don't configure the instance
2. I use Mysqld to launch server as Windows Service using
> Mysqld --install sname --defaults-file="C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5,1\sname.ini"

I get message as "Service successfull Installed"
3. I tried to start the service with " > NET START sname "
i get message "System error 1067 has occured"
4. If I check property of the service "sname" from Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Service , I find under "Path To Executable as :
"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5,1\bin\mysqld" "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5,1\sname.ini" sname

5. If i check the error log file of MySQL in Data folder, i get message as

C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5,1\bin\mysqld: Too many arguments ( first extra is 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\sname.ini' )

If I omit --defaults-file option while installing service it works just fine. ( I made changes in my.ini to configure serivce as per my requirement, and copied at "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1" before launching service.) If I check the property of that service it shows

"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5,1\bin\mysqld" sname

On XP machine, the service launch with --defaults-file optoins result in service property

Path To Executable as :
"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5,1\bin\mysqld" --defaults-file="C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5,1\sname.ini" sname

I have switched off UAC on Vista machine.
I don't find any solution for this problem. Please help me.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Launching Mysql as Windows service with defaults-file option On Vista
September 22, 2009 12:43AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.