MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

can't get php and apache and mysql to work together
Posted by: Edward Eldon
Date: February 21, 2010 03:46PM

Hi
For ages I have run apache, mysql and php together on xp. Now I have to migrate over to win7 and am havong problems. I have got as far as apache running, and the phpinf() script working. I am sure that mysql server is running ok. However, if I try to run
echo mysql_connect ('localhost', 'root', 'xxxxxxxx');
i get
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\web_root\mysqltest.php on line 

I have altered the php.ini file and see thsoe changes refelcted in the phpinfo() script so I am pretty sure i have the correct php.ini file. All in all I htink that php and apache are working, I just can't get the link to mysql.

In php.ini I have uncommented extension=php_mysql.dll and restarted the server (about 1,000,000 times!)

If someone couldmake some suggestions as to what I am doing wrong I'd really apprecaite it.

I see this in the error log
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/php/ext\\php_mysql.dll' - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

Edward

apache 2.2.14
php 5.2.12

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
can't get php and apache and mysql to work together
February 21, 2010 03:46PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.