MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

How the HELL DO I REINSTALL MYSQL ON WINDOWS?
Posted by: MysqlISAPIECE OFSHIT
Date: August 20, 2010 07:02PM

I know Mysql is owned by a POS stock-value-worshipping company that doesn't care at all about the quality of its product, but when you have a product released to the public, AND YOU CANT REINSTALL THAT PRODUCT ONCE ITS INSTALLED WITHOUT COMPLETELY BREAKING THE COMPUTER YOU'RE INSTALLING IT ON, I THINK I LOSE MY PATIENCE.
This is the third time I've had this problem with 3 different PCs. MySqls fuckup rate for me when reinstalling IS LITERALLY 100%. WHY DONT THEY HIRE PEOPLE TO TEST THIS CRAP THEN THEY CAN SEE WITHIN 10 F'ING SECONDS THAT IT DOESNT WORK.

Why did MySQL hire programmers who think its good practice to make a product that DOESN'T EVEN CLEAN ITSELF UP AT UNINSTALL? That's like asking people to install a GIANT memory leak on their PC. What's even WORSE is that I reported this problem 3-4 years ago, and what the fuck has MySQL been doing these 3-4 years? OBVIOUSLY not working on this fucking problem. SO LET ME ASK, HOW THE HELL DO I REINSTALL MYSQL ONCE ITS ALREADY INSTALLED? I SHOULDNT HAVE TO REFORMAT MY PC EVERY TIME I WANT TO REINSTALL ONE PROGRAM.
I SPEND OVER 3 HOURS ON GOOGLE AND NOT ONE PERSON TALKS ABOUT THIS HUGE OVERSIGHT ON MYSQLS PART ON THEIR PRIMARY PRODUCT, THERES NOT ONE WORKING WORKAROUND OR FIX, THE ONLY WAY TO GET IT WORKING AGAIN IS TO REFORMAT MY PC AND LOSE EVERYTHING, HOW ABOUT THATS NOT AN OPTION FOR MOST PEOPLE, MYSQL.

I uninstalled MySQL, all services removed, I delete MySqls data directory, I delete every folder that's mysql related on my pc, I reinstall and it STILL DOESNT WORK, IT HANGS ON THE 'Starting service' PORTION OF THE CONFIGURATION APP, IVE USED HUNDREDS OF DIFFERENT SERVICE NAMES, OBVIOUSLY I'VE DONE EVERYTHING REQUIRED OF ME SO IT'S MYSQLS FAULT AND NO ONE AT MYSQL OFFERS ANY FUCKING SUPPORT OR HELP UNLESS YOU HAVE MONEY, DESPITE THIS ISSUE IS FUCKING HUGE AND HAPPENS TO MILLIONS OF PEOPLE USING THEIR PRODUCT AND THEY DONT EVEN MAKE A FAQ PAGE OR ANYTHING TO HELP ANYONE WITH THIS PROBLEM, THEY DONT HAVE OFFICIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR IT TO GET WORKING AGAIN, BECAUSE THEY CAN'T, OR DONT WANT TO UNLESS YOU OWN A FORTUNE 500 COMPANY THAT YOU CAN PAY TO TALK TO THEIR 'SUPPORT CENTER' SO THEY SHRUG IT OFF AS 'NOT AN ACTUAL PROBLEM' AND TELL EVERYONE TO REFORMAT THEIR PCS BECAUSE THEIR APP IS A FUCKING CANCER THAT ATTATCHES ITSELF TO YOUR PC AND FUCKS IT UP FOR GOOD.

I could make you a 30 second youtube video that shows you how to fuck up mysql irreversibly through completely normal use. This tells me that MySQL completely underfunds their quality assurance and possibly that they dont use ANY quality assurance at all, or are hiring a company that is obviously not qualified *AT ALL* to do it for them.

Step 1) Install mysql
Step 2) Configure mysql
Step 3) Uninstall and try to reinstall mysql
Step 4) CONGRATS, YOUR PC CAN NOW NEVER RUN A MYSQL SERVER AGAIN UNTIL YOU REFORMAT! BUT IT DOESNT MATTER ENOUGH TO MAKE MYSQL FIX IT, CAUSE NOBODY EVER UNINSTALLS A PROGRAM THEY MIGHT LATER WANT TO REINSTALL, RIGHT GUYS? THATS INSANITY

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
How the HELL DO I REINSTALL MYSQL ON WINDOWS?
August 20, 2010 07:02PM
August 29, 2010 05:44AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.