MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Deployment problem
Posted by: Hubert CANEVET
Date: July 22, 2013 08:14AM

Hello everybody,

Perhaps this will not be the good forum ?

I have a big deployment problem.
I developped an ASPX page with a DataSource and a DataGrid, that works very well on the development machine, but throws an exception of data access on the hosting server.

On the development machine I have MySql 5.6 CE with MySql Connector Net 5.2.7.
On the hosting server, there is MySql 5.0, with reportedly MySql Connector Net 5.1.1.

I was requested to upload mysql.data.dll to the bin directory, otherwise all the Aspx pages threw an error, only the html pages were displayed.

Since it was uploaded, the service Membership works properly, via MySqlConnection and MySqlCommand, but the page that shows data via DataSource still throws an error.

What would you advise me ? Somebody on a Microsoft form proposed to install the same version on my machine than on the server, and redeploy the site.

The connector is available in versions 5.0.9 and 5.1.7.

The 5.2.7 does not appear any more in the "Add and modify programs" dialog box, so I installed the 5.0.9 while keeping the 5.2.7

As the mysql.data.dll resides in the connector directory, I uploaded the one from version 5.0.9, and the whole site was in error, so I uploaded the 5.2.7 again, the pages that do not call MySql work again. Well, Membership does not work any more (oops, host unknown, sorry it seems the hoster works on the question more than I thought, we shall have to wait a little before knowing the results).

So, uninstall MySql on my machine, install it again, redeploy ?

Nothing quicker ?

Just one thing more : yesterday the exception displayed this :

Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed. Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.]

System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(String providerInvariantName) +1310319

System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.GetDbProviderFactory() +67

System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.GetDbProviderFactorySecure() +22

System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.CreateConnection(String connectionString) +11

System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +89

System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +95

System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.PerformSelect() +34

System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +73

System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +82

System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +22

System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +18

System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +80

System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +842

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2013 08:28AM by Hubert CANEVET.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Deployment problem
July 22, 2013 08:14AM
July 22, 2013 05:35PM
July 23, 2013 03:40AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.