MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Can't connect to mysql database
Posted by: Taylor Owen
Date: July 24, 2013 12:33PM

I am currently having some issues with a fresh install of MySQL 5.5. When I try to connect using the following 'mysql -u keystoneUser -pkeystonePass keystone' I get the following error:
"ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'keystoneUser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

When I login using root and do a 'SELECT * FROM mysql.user;' I see the keystoneUser account and a '%' to show that the user can login from any host.

When I do a 'SHOW GRANTS FOR keystoneUser;' I get the following:
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Grants for keystoneUser@% |
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'keystoneUser'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*BB845D9C1AA6F1797AA68A8AB73F7C98BBD6A84A' |
| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `keystone`.* TO 'keystoneUser'@'%' WITH GRANT OPTION |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Also, when I do a 'SELECT PASSWORD('keystonePass');' the hash matches the hash from the previous outputs...

'SHOW DATABASES;' also shows that the database does exsist.

I have also reinstalled everything and still am seeing the issue. Any help would be appreciated!!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Can't connect to mysql database
July 24, 2013 12:33PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.