MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

error after running mysql_secure_installation
Posted by: Pennell Eckert
Date: July 25, 2013 02:21PM

Ok on our TEST Solaris 10 Zone we installed MySQL 5.6.12 Advance Server database and then we ran MySQL_secure_installation script which affects the root user logging in from remote hosts.

Remove anonymous users? [Y/n] Y^M
... Success!^M
^M
Normally, root should only be allowed to connect from 'localhost'. This^M
ensures that someone cannot guess at the root password from the network.^M
^M
Disallow root login remotely? [Y/n] Y^M
... Success!^M
^M

Then on a remote server/zone we have a bunch of creation scripts that create all the database objects in the database. We have granted the needed connections between the server/zone where the scripts are and the new database server/zon within the new 5.6.12 MySQL database...

when we run the scripts that work any other time on all our other MySQL databases which are 5.0.51a community version they can work from remote hosts...standard setup for us.

The error we get is:

Please enter the MySQL database root password in order to test connectivity and create/update the users 'qedadm_ro' and 'qedadm_db'.
ERROR 1045 (28000) at line 1: Access denied for user 'root'@'216.83.115.216' (using password: YES)
ERROR: Unable to update MySQL GRANT tables. Please ensure that
the following GRANTs are in place before proceeding:

Now we can manually login from the one host to the next from the OS prompt

MySQL -u root -h panama - p
it then prompts me for the Password which we entere and get in.

We even went so far as created the main application users in the new database as well just to make sure and tested their ability to connect remotely as well.

We also checked the grants too...

what are we doing wrong?

Also when I use MySQL and I do a

select * from user\g

I get 7 users

the for extra I created all have Grant_priv: N while the three that were created originally have Gant_priv : Y

Is that the issue?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2013 02:33PM by Pennell Eckert.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
error after running mysql_secure_installation
July 25, 2013 02:21PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.