MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Uninstall MySQL
Posted by: Dominique Descamps
Date: March 04, 2015 09:12AM

Dear,
I'm new in using MySQL on Windows (until now I've always worked with Oracle on UNIX).

I am working on the uninstall of a product which is based on a MySQL database.
In order to perform that uninstall, I already know that first I need to remove the database, and later on I need to uninstall the MySQL application.

In order to remove the database, I have already tried to perform a "drop database <Database_name> but that doesn't do it:
First my directory structure was the following:
C:\<base_directory>\mysql\data\<Database1_Name>
C:\<base_directory>\mysql\data\<Database2_Name>
C:\<base_directory>\mysql\data\<Database3_Name>
The directory "C:\<base_directory>\mysql\data" contains some files "ib_logfile0", "ib_logfile1", "ibdata1" and "<computername>.err".

After having executed "drop database "<Database_Name>" for all databases, and after having launched the uninstaller for MySQL application, the "C:\<base_directory>\mysql\data\<Database_Name>" directories are deleted but the mentioned files still remain.

Do you know what I can do in order to remove the mentioned files, either using the uninstaller, either using a MySQL command?
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Uninstall MySQL
March 04, 2015 09:12AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.