MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Windows Failover Cluster failing
Posted by: Ron Oley
Date: June 15, 2015 12:29PM

I have two Windows Server 2012 R2 servers and I'm trying to set up a failover cluster.

I followed this guide:
https://www.mysql.com/why-mysql/white-papers/mysql-with-windows-server-2008-r2-failover-clustering/

I have MySQL 5.6 installed as a service on both machines. Both machines can access the shared storage. The cluster validation passes all tests.

The service runs fine on Node 1, but when I try to fail over to Node 2 it says it's successful (Failover Cluster manager shows it running, MySQL service says it's running) but the MySQL database is not reachable. Can't connect with applications or workbench.

When I fail back over to Node 1 it begins working again.

I'm not sure which logs to check at this point; my knowledge of MYSQL is limited.

I tried disabling the firewall to see if it was just a connection issue. No luck.

One thing I noticed is that Node 1 has about 20GB of stuff in the C:\Programdata\mysql folder that Node 2 doesn't have. Not sure if that's related.

Anyone have any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Windows Failover Cluster failing
June 15, 2015 12:29PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.