MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

MySQL Development versus Client's Server setup
Posted by: Cecil Champenois
Date: July 12, 2015 08:54AM

Not being a MySQL admin, I am not sure how to approach this.

I am starting with a client tomorrow who is using MySQL as the back-end and Visual FoxPro as the front-end. I have a copy of the database on my desktop and the client has one also.

1. Database Differences:
How do I determine the differences between what I have and what the client has in the database structure, being these are the same database, at least in name? I expect that mostly everything is the same (meaning fields, keys, indexes) , but I cannot be 100% sure of this without first checking. I don't want to have to go through 74 tables on my desktop and the client's server to determine this. Is there a tool which would reveal the differences?

2. Production Database:
For additional clients using the same database, how do I keep an updated database that is separate from the development database, that would be ready to install on the client's site, since I cannot have two databases with the same name? Do I have to put one database for production on another computer and use that one solely for production, and then another database, same name, on my desktop solely for development?

I hope I am explaining these situations clearly enough.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL Development versus Client's Server setup
July 12, 2015 08:54AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.