MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

In Place YUM Upgrade Changing Next Auto_Increment Value
Posted by: a b
Date: December 28, 2015 11:28AM

I've been testing an in-place upgrade using the YUM repository and I've noticed that the next auto_increment value gets reset. For example, my current MySQL version is 5.5.40. This was installed using the YUM repository. The next auto_increment value for a particular table is 1000. Upon browsing the data of the table, the last record in the table has a value of 750 for the auto_increment field. After running yum update-to and upgrading to 5.6.27, the next auto_increment value changes from 1000 to 751. I've also noticed this happens if I upgrade within a release series. For example, from 5.6.15 to 5.6.17.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I am unfamiliar with the application that utilizes this database and am unsure whether the resetting of the next auto_increment value will cause any issues.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
In Place YUM Upgrade Changing Next Auto_Increment Value
a b
December 28, 2015 11:28AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.