MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Source, Builds, Binaries

compiling mysql-5.1.23-rc on debian :: mysql_install_db
Posted by: Vangelis Katsikaros
Date: March 06, 2008 09:12AM

Hello

I have debian and I already have installed a debian packaged mysql server. I want to install a second server, a compiled one (in order to test some things I changed in the source code). I follow the instructions at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/quick-install.htm .

PROCEDURE I FOLLOW UNTIL I FIND THE PROBLEM:
So I use the already existing mysql system user/group for the process. I then configure with
./configure --with-tcp-port=3307 --with-unix-socket-path=/home/vag/mysql/test/ --prefix=/home/vag/mysql/test/ --enable-assembler

I then do "make" and "make install".

At this point everything is ready inside /home/vag/mysql/test/

I copy the cnf file to /etc/ (however debian has a dir /etc/mysql with several files I don't know if this has something any relevence)

THE PROBLEM:
Then I try to install the grant tables and the problem begins!
$ ./bin/mysql_install_db --user=mysql --basedir=/home/vag/mysql/test/
Installing MySQL system tables...
080306 16:54:06 [ERROR] Error message file '/usr/share/mysql/english/errmsg.sys' had only 475 error messages,
but it should contain at least 608 error messages.
Check that the above file is the right version for this program!
080306 16:54:06 [ERROR] /home/vag/mysql/test//libexec/mysqld: unknown option '--skip-bdb'
080306 16:54:06 [ERROR] Aborting

I did a search here in the forums and I found this: http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?133,174841,181015#msg-181015

However, I went to the mysql_install_db script and couldn't find any "bdb".

So, do you have any ideas generally or more specific on the mysql_install_db?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2008 02:18PM by Vangelis Katsikaros.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
compiling mysql-5.1.23-rc on debian :: mysql_install_db
March 06, 2008 09:12AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.