Preformance in multiple join
Posted by: Rasmus Toftegaard
Date: January 17, 2007 04:08AM

Hi

I am using mySQL 4.1 and I am not super user in all mySQL smart functions.

I try to build up at database containing phonecalls and prices. The tables look like this:
[phonecall]
start_date
dial_string
duration

[prices]
dial_string
price
start_date
end_date
price_type

Each phonenumber can have more prices with different price_type. The price_type field contains "enduser,client_routing,company_routing,client_out,company_out". The start_date and end_date for the prices is the interval where the price is valid.

I have tried to do like this:
SELECT D.start_date,D.duration,D.dial_string, Sum(duration) as TotalTime FROM phonecall D LEFT JOIN
(SELECT * FROM prices WHERE price_type='enduser') P1
ON PC.dial_string=P1.dial_string AND (D.starte_date BETWEEN P1.start_Date AND P1.end_date) LEFT JOIN
(SELECT * FROM prices WHERE price_type='client_routing') P2
ON PC.dial_string=P2.dial_string AND (D.starte_date BETWEEN P2.start_Date AND P2.end_date) LEFT JOIN
(SELECT * FROM prices WHERE price_type='client_routing') P3
ON PC.dial_string=P3.dial_string AND (D.starte_date BETWEEN P3.start_Date AND P3.end_date) LEFT JOIN ....... until P5
WHERE ..... GROUP BY D.start_date

My problem is that this SQL preforme very bad even if I optimize the indexes. How can this be done in a smarter way? I have also tried other ways where i used one single JOIN on the prices(and no where in the prices) table but this gave me different totalTimes because not all calls have all prices. I need all calls with all possible prices, if a price not i precent then null or something else.

Thanks

Rasmus, Denmark

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Preformance in multiple join
January 17, 2007 04:08AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.