MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

Mysql Proxy Execution
Posted by: Joe Bentley
Date: July 15, 2009 10:33AM

This is a fairly basic question, but unfortunately I'm rather stuck on finding the answer. I have inherited a server setup that is on a proxy loop accessed through a single portal machine. The arrangement makes use of load balancing in the apache sites/default file and I need to get mysql requests (ODBC connections and phpmyadmin principally) to use the same proxying concept.

The admin before me used mysql-proxy to accomplish this. Unfortunately the portal machine hard drive crashed and I have been unable to replicate the configuration that was used. Utilizing the assorted documentation, I have the following executed from the Ubuntu command line.

mysql-proxy --proxy-backend-addresses=server1:port --proxy-backend-addresses=server2:port &

Ideally this would let me make an ODBC connection to the portal machine that would be silently redirected to whichever backend server was more available. It isn't doing so right now, and I'm at a loss as to where to even look. I don't seem to have any errors generated from the mysql-proxy execution, and only get a 'Cannot connect to MySQL server on <portal ip>' error when I create the ODBC. Any assistance would be fantastic; I'm new at this administration stuff and look forward to expanding my education.

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Mysql Proxy Execution
July 15, 2009 10:33AM
July 17, 2009 08:24PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.