MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

Load balancing issues on a Master/Master architecture
Posted by: Kin JOY
Date: July 17, 2009 08:51AM

Hello there :)

I'am facing a special issue with mysql-proxy 0.7.2 which is running on a dedicated server and I have two mysql servers 5.1.x running as Master/master. My problem is that every single connection is going to only one server. I read many documentation and the sticky post without finding any information. Here is my init script for mysql-proxy :

LUA_PATH="/usr/src/mysql-proxy-0.7.2/lib/?.lua"

mysql-proxy \
--log-file=/var/log/mysql-proxy.log \
--log-level=debug \
--proxy-address=10.33.3.241:3306 \
--proxy-backend-addresses=10.33.3.242:3306 \
--proxy-backend-addresses=10.33.3.243:3306 \
--daemon

I tried to stimulate my server a bit, thinking that the connection where not enough overcharged but nothing changed :

for i in `seq 1 500` ; do mysql -h 10.33.3.241 -P 3306 -u proxyuser -p***** -e 'exit'; done ;
for ((f=1;f<300;f++)) ; do mysql -h 10.33.3.241 -P 3306 -u proxyuser -p***** -e 'SELECT 42;'; done

What I am looking for with mysql-proxy is pretty simple. I would like to load balance requests (read or write) with an health check on the backend servers. if a server is facing a "too many connection", the proxy could redirect all request to the other server for instance.

Is it possible ? Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Kin

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Load balancing issues on a Master/Master architecture
July 17, 2009 08:51AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.