MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

Using MySQLProxy to solve the "error 2006 - server has gone away" problem
Posted by: Eduardo Baldino
Date: October 06, 2009 04:42PM

Hi all.

I just discovered MySQL Proxy and thought it might be a quick solution for the dreadful "server has gone away problem" that we get with ODBC and other connectors.

Brief description of the problem: The MySQL server which we can't touch has a low connection timeout (in my case, about 7 seconds). This makes using ODBC through MS Access nearly impossible.

I thought that MySQL Proxy might be able to send the queries and data back and forth between my system and the server and that I might have a persistent connection from Access to MySQL Proxy. So I simply installed the proxy connecting to the server and changed the table definitions in Access to point to the proxy.

Alas, I still get the timeouts and the dreaded "server has gone away" messsage.

Is there an easy way to have MySQL Proxy keep that connection open? Can I make it continuously run a simple query to the server to do this, or is there some other way?

Thanks in advance.
Eduardo Baldino

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Using MySQLProxy to solve the "error 2006 - server has gone away" problem
October 06, 2009 04:42PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.