MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

Re: experiences on MySQL Proxy (0.8.1-win32-x86) tests
Posted by: Fred Fred
Date: October 20, 2010 06:31AM

Hi,

i have decided to stop my testing of MySQL Proxy by now and share some of my experience here. I did my tests on one Windows Vista machine.

I did not manage to get any of three Lua scripts that I tested to work. I tried rw-splitting.lua, ro-balancing.lua and tutorial-keepalive.lua. When I tested tutorial-keepalive.lua the first connection was redirected to the master server, the second connection to the slave one server and all connections thereafter were redirected to the master server.

In my last test I decided to not use any Lua scripts and the test was successful in that way the "Round-robin" scheme redirected the first connection to master, the second connection to slave one, the third connection to slave two and the fourth connection to master.

The test was made in the following way:
To start the test I first opened MySQL Workbench and connected to my three MySQL server instances under "Server Administration" so that I could see every connection under "Connections". Thereafter I opened "Microsoft Visual Web Developer Express" four times and opened Website1 in the first window, Website2 in the second window, Website3 in the third window and Website4 in the fourth window. I started each website by clicking on the playbutton (Start Debugging) and this means that I get four different connections to the database. I was looking in MySQL Workbench to see to which MySQL server instance each connection
was redirected.

Website1, Website2, Website3 and Website4 are identical websites with the same connection string, connecting to localhost on port 4040. I had to have three different client adresses to conduct the test, i you just have one website running in your webbrowser the connection will always be redirected to the master server on each update.

If you are intrested in doing the same test as I did you can download a template at http://www.mallar.biz/webbprogrammering/webbserver/mysql-replikering/, the template is in english but the website is in Swedish.

I think that MySQL Proxy can be a really good product in the future and I will stop by here to look at the progress in development.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2010 02:14AM by Fred Fred.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: experiences on MySQL Proxy (0.8.1-win32-x86) tests
October 20, 2010 06:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.