MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

Proxy Capability Flags
Posted by: Mitchell Smith
Date: January 26, 2015 12:57PM

Hi

I am trying to introduce some load balancing (more like request traffic shaping) into my environment.

Overview:

I have 2 mySQL Community 5.5 servers running master<->master replication (and working very well)

My problem is these are used for high read and write transactions, and I cannot get optimum performance for the application from them, every improvment on write performance seems to reduce the read performance.

What I am looking to do is, setup Slave<- Master<->Master-> Slave behind a load balancer, and define rules based on the type of request at the LB (which database, which user/host, to define the mySQL server to use

As I have previous experiance with the Riverbed Traffic Manager from other applications I would like to continue to use this platform. I have managed to get to the point where I can connect and make that 'routing' decision based on the user/host however I am failing to keep the connection open. I believe it could be related to the capability flags not setting interactive. As the LB fake sets these to the client in the connection and I think I am setting them incorrectly.

The documentation for doing this with Riverbed is very good, https://splash.riverbed.com/docs/DOC-1512 . But Doesnt explain the setting of the capbility flags used in the sample code.

I have checked the documentation for the capability flags but am stuck.

Could anyone help in providing some insight into how these flags should be set in the handshake; sample below

$server_hs = "\0\0\0\0" . # length - fill in below
"\012" . # protocol version
"Stingray Proxy v0.9\0" . # server version
"\01\0\0\0" . # thread 1
$salt1."\0" . # salt(1)
"\054\242" . # Capabilities
"\010\02\0" . # Lang and status
"\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0" . # Unused
$salt2."\0"; # salt(2)

The capabilities are set \054\242 , but I dont understand how this is derived from the mySQL internals documentation: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/internals/en/capability-flags.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards
Mitchell

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Proxy Capability Flags
January 26, 2015 12:57PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.