MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Workbench does not retrive all rows (not related to the 1000 rows limit)
Posted by: Michel Jodoin
Date: April 26, 2013 08:44AM

Hi everyone,

first time poster because usually I find my answers on Google but this time I can't find it.

Here is the situation:
I'm using a desktop computer to host MySQL and I'm using Workbench 5.2. This is located at my house. The computer is only used for this reason.

I'm using Access as the FE from my home and from my office.

Because the internet is slow at my office, I thought I would use Workbench on my laptop that would make a connection to my desktop computer.

This solution is working much faster BUT the issue is that not all rows are retrieved.

We are not talking about a huge number of rows (the biggest table has maybe 3-4k rows) and I ran some test to see where the issue was coming from:
-If I use Select from a table with 95 rows and from the direct connection to the server, I can retrieve all 95 rows
-If I use Select from the same table of 95 rows but from the connection on my Workbench to the Workbench on my desktop computer at my house, I only retrieve 42 rows

This situation is not unique to this table but it's the same and in a similar proportion (about half is retrieved) to all the other tables.

In your answer, please bear in mind 2 things:
-I am not a MySQL wizard, I am a small window cleaning company owner
-English is my 2nd language

Thank you for your time

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.