MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Viewing multiple tables / query tabs at once
Posted by: James R
Date: September 27, 2013 08:09AM

I see no way to take advantage of 2 monitors, or even one monitor if you have extra space, for side by side comparisons. For example, I have two tables, one of which references the other. I want to look at both at the same time to edit the data. I see no way to do this.

I can't open more than once instance of MySQL Workbench (at least on Windows, trying to do so just starts another connection in the same window). And, within the Workbench windows, there is no way to make a query tab take up less than 100% of the allotted space even if the results do not require the space. In other words, you cannot view two query tabs side by side, no matter how large the screen, how many monitors, or how small the result set.

So, I am relegated to going back and forth between two tabs, when I really need to see them both at once. I'm tempted to edit the data in Excel since I can get the view I want, but then referential integrity will not be enforced and that seems like a recipe for disaster. This seems like such a glaring omission that I am wondering if I am just missing something? I'm using Workbench 6.0 and MySQL 5.6.13 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Viewing multiple tables / query tabs at once
September 27, 2013 08:09AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.