MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Connecting to Database
Posted by: David Blomstrom
Date: February 01, 2014 10:45PM

I just downloaded and installed MySQL Workbench and am trying to make my first database connection. I'm running MAMP on a Mac, and I see the following values on my phpMyAdmin home page:

Host localhost
Port 3306
User root
Password root

I'm trying to connect to a database with the Standard (TCP/IP) method. (I don't have a clue what Local Socket/Pipe or SSH are.) So I changed the Host to localhost. Then I changed User and Password to my database's username and password.

When I test the connection, I get the error message "Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (61)" Why does it say that when I changed the Host to "localhost"?

I can't even remember how or when I did it, but I apparently changed my password to a alphanumeric code that looks something like this: aLRsrSqXzhR17ZSX I THINK my original password was an eight-letter word, but neither than word nor the alphanumeric code work with MySQL Workbench - unless it's rejecting my connection for some other reason.

Can someone tell me how to connect to a database - or how to figure out why my connection isn't working? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Connecting to Database
February 01, 2014 10:45PM
February 03, 2014 02:16AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.