MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Thinkng too complicate using an SQL file?
Posted by: Markus Erich
Date: February 13, 2014 05:40AM

Hello!

I'm on to bring a software called DataWrapper to work. Tot test it before putting it on a real server, I use XAMPP to support WWW and MySQL. Ironnically, I got it to work on one of my test machines. But same handwork stupidlay fails on 2 others.

Win-Firewall is open to mysqld. Port (to surely avoid mismatch meanwhile redifined to 6603) is set to any "INI" file I found, within XAMPP, my.ini, and relating tool, too. XAMPP starts MySQL (as a service), shows up port 6603 and I do not have any clue it shall not work correctly.

Now, I got, as had got, order to create a database (scheme) by a delivered .sql file. And I do not see how to fullfill that simple step using MySQL Workbench 6.

Do I need, as V5.2, to create a server connection and a MySQL-Connection? Or do I only need new a MySQL-Connection? Anyway, I started created a new connection. But, to me, what is difference between a describing name of a connection and the one of database to connect to? So I kept using a name DataWrapper seems to expect. Apache listens to Port 80 and to «localhost»; which one else XAMPP's MySQL can use to offer port 6603?
So I set in 127.0.0.1 or ›localhost‹ with port 6603 (as my running teplate shows), using user root (following some ini-files). Testing connection (planning to add schema later), I get (like) Access denied to user root@localhost.

Where is my databse, an access could be denied to for it probably (schema) does not exist?? How to connect to only the MySQL instance and then ›feed this one< by that sql-file to create a database from?

What do I simply think wrong here? Which simple step is it I totally missmatch by seeing «no forest for all that trees» (as a proverb of my home easy)?

Markus

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Thinkng too complicate using an SQL file?
February 13, 2014 05:40AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.