MySQL Installation on Linux (Installation of system tables failed! Examine the logs in /db/mysql/data for more information).
Posted by: Harikrishna Ravipati
Date: May 02, 2013 06:36AM

Hi All,

When i execute mysql installation script as fallows i am getting the below out put:

[mysql@test app]$ scripts/mysql_install_db -–user=mysql

output:

Installing MYSQL system tables....

Installation of system tables failed! Examine the logs in /db/mysql/data for more information.

You can try to start the mysqld daemon with:

shell> ./bin/mysqld --skip-grant &

and use the command line tool ./bin/mysql
to connect to the mysql database and look at the grant tables:

shell> ./bin/mysql -u root mysql
mysql> show tables

Try 'mysqld --help' if you have problems with paths. Using --log gives you a log in /db/mysql/data that may be helpful.

Please consult the MySQL manual section
'Problems running mysql_install-db', and the manual section that describes problems on your OS. Another information source are the MySQL email archives available at http://lists/mysql.com/.

Please check all of the above before mailing us! And remember, if you do email us, you MUST use the ./bin/mysqlbug script!

Can any one plz let me know why this issue occuring.

Regards,
Hari

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2013 06:38AM by Harikrishna Ravipati.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Installation on Linux (Installation of system tables failed! Examine the logs in /db/mysql/data for more information).
May 02, 2013 06:36AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.