Re: MySQL.exe install fails, everything else does fine
Posted by: John Keebaugh
Date: October 11, 2014 09:06AM

Not yet. I thought it was a permissions issue but I've done everything as administrator so it's probably not that.

It occurred to me ths morning that it could be a path issue. \\Hewlett-Packard\HP\ lives under C;\Program Files\ and contains additional applications associated with running installs. The installation .msi file lives in the Downloads folder under My Documents. The MySQL installer creates the application folder under C:\Program Files so I originally thought it would use that location as the base location for all path traversing. But maybe not. If it uses My Document\Downloads\ as the base, it wouldn't find the HP installer assistant.

So I'm going to uninstall all the MySQL stuff, and copy the .msi file to C:\ and try the install from there. If that doesn't work, I will uninstall everything MySQL again and move the installer to C:\Program Files\MySQL and try again. If that fails, then I'll still keep looking for help on this forum.

I'll let you know in a couple of hours how the above approach worked.

Thanks!
John

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.