MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

select statement limitations?
Posted by: Ian Ding
Date: January 13, 2005 07:37PM

Greetings.
I am facing some problems in mysqld-nt.exe which we are running it in Windows 2003 currently.
I have been trying to issue a query which would extract records from 6 tables and some conditions have been implemented. The query looks like this:

"SELECT tmpsum.modmem as member_id, member.member_name,member.nric, member.address, member.postcode,member.town,member.state,member.country, tmpdgbv.gbv as dgbv,member.join_date,tmpgbv.bv, tmpgbv.gbv, tmpgbv.bvmonth, tmpgbv.bvyear,tmpmrank.rank_name,tmpmrank.ha_name,rpttable.section_n,rpttable.bonus, rpttable.tbv,rpttable.total,tmpsum.pr,tmpsum.totbon,tmpsum.psb,tmpsum.gdc,tmpsum.sb,tmpsum.lb,tmpsum.bbc,tmpsum.tc,tmpsum.lsf,tmpsum.gbb,tmpsum.yeb, rpttable.memid,rpttable.stotal,rpttable.rep,cumbv.bv as cbv FROM tmpdgbv, tmpsum,cumbv, member, tmpgbv, rpttable, tmpmrank, tmpgdb WHERE tmpdgbv.member_id = member.member_id AND tmpgbv.member_id = member.member_id AND tmpsum.totbon > '0.00' AND cumbv.member_id = member.member_id AND cumbv.bvmonth = tmpgbv.bvmonth AND cumbv.bvyear = tmpgbv.bvyear AND tmpgdb.member_id = member.member_id AND tmpmrank.member_id = member.member_id AND tmpmrank.bvmonth = tmpdgbv.bvmonth AND tmpmrank.bvyear = tmpdgbv.bvyear AND rpttable.member_id = member.member_id AND tmpgbv.bvmonth = tmpdgbv.bvmonth AND tmpdgbv.bvmonth = '12' AND tmpdgbv.bvyear = '2004' AND tmpgbv.bvyear = tmpdgbv.bvyear AND tmpsum.member_id = member.member_id AND tmpgdb.bvmonth = tmpdgbv.bvmonth AND tmpgdb.bvyear = tmpdgbv.bvyear"

The query is working alright. I have verifed it using a simple members table which consist of only 20 records.

If I plunge this query straight into the main table which has around 1000 members, the mysqld-nt.exe CPU utilization would goes up to 100% and I thought some time has to be allocated for this query to execute.

I've waited for 5 hours now and still the mysqld-nt.exe hogging the CPU at 100%. Is it possible that the processing time can be so long?

It's a Pentium 4 Xeon with 1 GB of RAM, and 2 HDD running in RAID-0.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
select statement limitations?
January 13, 2005 07:37PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.