MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Complex UPDATE goes wrong?!
Posted by: qeldroma
Date: January 14, 2005 06:56AM

Hello,

i've got an UPDATE where i'll have to make a complicated "WHERE"-clause. For this clause i need to mention the tables from where i get the infos, i think. But UPDATE seems only to accept ONE table in the beginning, so it seems that it's not similar to the "FROM"-clause...

Error is only "Syntax-error 1064" without any further reason.

First the tables:

- accessproducts -
+----+----------------+-----------+------------+--------+
| id | name | bandwidth | freeVolume| isFlat |
| 1 | AccessStandard| 64 | 99 | true |
| 2 | AccessEnhanced| 256 | 99 | true |
| 3 | AccessProfi2 | 2562 | 99 | false |

- products -
+--+------------------+------------+----------------+-------------------+------------------+
| id | name |mandants_id |mailproducts_id |domainproducts_id |accessproducts_id |
+--+------------------+------------+----------------+-------------------+------------------+
| 1 | ProduktStandard | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 |
| 2 | ProduktFamily | 1 | 2 | 1 | 1 |
| 3 | ProduktProfi | 1 | 3 | 3 | 3 |

- mandants -
+----+-----------------+----------+
| id | name | password |
| 1 | DemoMandant | |
| 2 | DemoMandant2 | |

My SQL-strings:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE accessproducts,products,mandants
SET accessproducts.name='AccessProfi2', accessproducts.bandwidth=2562,
accessproducts.freeVolume=99.0, accessproducts.isFlat='false'
WHERE mandants.name='DemoMandant' AND products.mandants_id=mandants.id
AND products.accessproducts_id=accessproducts.id AND accessproducts.name='AccessProfi' LIMIT 1;
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another failed tryout, seperating the WHERE-clause, was:
DROP tmp1;
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE tmp1 TYPE=HEAP SELECT accessproducts.id FROM accessproducts,products,mandants WHERE mandants.name='DemoMandant' AND products.mandants_id=mandants.id AND products.accessproducts_id=accessproducts.id AND accessproducts.name='AccessProfi';
UPDATE accessproducts,tmp1 SET accessproducts.name='AccessProfi2', accessproducts.bandwidth=2562, accessproducts.freeVolume=99.0, accessproducts.isFlat='false' WHERE accessproducts.id=tmp1.id LIMIT 1;

As you can see, i only want to change the values in "accessproducts", but for this, i'll have to use other tables/columns in the "WHERE"-clause...

Of course i tried out the "WHERE"-part with an select to see if it works.

What's the "professionell" way for this?

Thanks, QD

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Complex UPDATE goes wrong?!
January 14, 2005 06:56AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.