MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Re: my.cnf bind-address problem
Posted by: Rick James
Date: March 13, 2011 01:00AM

Make sure that the server has not been configured to ignore network connections or (if you are attempting to connect remotely) that it has not been configured to listen only locally on its network interfaces. If the server was started with --skip-networking, it will not accept TCP/IP connections at all. If the server was started with --bind-address=127.0.0.1, it will listen for TCP/IP connections only locally on the loopback interface and will not accept remote connections.

Get rid if the bind-address setting.

GRANTs and my.cnf changes are mostly independent of each other. my.cnf changes won't take effect until you restart mysql.

The GRANT syntax includes either a host name or ip address or '%'; this is where you could put the IP address of the client machine. If you use something other than "anywhere" ('%'), you would need a GRANT for each client.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
March 11, 2011 11:20PM
March 12, 2011 06:11PM
Re: my.cnf bind-address problem
March 13, 2011 01:00AM
March 13, 2011 07:45PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.