MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

system error: 32
Posted by: Aubrey Holland
Date: September 11, 2013 07:43AM

I'm running MySQL 5.6.13 on OSX 10.8. I have a database running where all of the tables are partitioned, for a total of 250 partitions each. In this setup, queries will work fine until either some time passes or I do something particularly intense, after which I start getting these errors:

ERROR 2013 (HY000): Lost connection to MySQL server at 'sending authentication information', system error: 32

Once the error occurs, all queries will result in the same thing. I believe this is related to the partitioning, as I have seen the problem go away when the partitioning isn't used or when the partition count is reduced. Unfortunately, I need to have these partitions in order to match our production environment.

MySQL was installed via HomeBrew, though the problem also occurs if I install it from the binaries directly. my.cnf looks like this:

[mysqld]
general_log=0
log_error = /var/log/mysql/error.log
general_log=false
general_log_file=/var/log/mysql/general.log

And nothing appears in the logs when the problem occurs. Any ideas would be very much appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
system error: 32
September 11, 2013 07:43AM
September 11, 2013 10:22AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.