MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

mysqli::query() [mysqli.query]: (HY000/6): Error on delete of '/tmp/#sql_b8142_0.MYD' (Errcode: 2)
Posted by: Jason Carroll
Date: January 20, 2014 12:59AM

I have recently been getting the following error show up in my custom error log for mysql queries..

mysqli::query() [mysqli.query]: (HY000/6): Error on delete of '/tmp/#sql_b8142_0.MYD' (Errcode: 2)

This is exactly the error unaltered..

I have created a test page to run the query that grabs 4 random items from the table and it works fine for ages and then say 1 out of every 2000 or so runs it kicks up this error. I have given the account stacks of room well above anything else and still the error shows sometimes only after a few 100. I wait a few hours or the next day and still it shows after a few 100 or more, and most often after a few 1000. So I think I could rule out webspace being the issue? But I could be wrong.

My only therory is that the query creates a tmp file on the server for storing query results. (I do not know 'how' mysql works, I just know it does) So if it creates a tmp file in this tmp folder shown in the error message and this file somehow gets removed before it is finished with then this may explain why it can not delete the file if it has already been deleted by something else? Again I am new to this side of mysql and only suggesting what I think might be causing it in case it is the cause or gives clues as to the real problem.

Does anyone know what is causing this issue I am facing or what might be causing it ?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
January 20, 2014 12:59AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.