MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Re: Partitions and performance
Posted by: mahesh karipe
Date: February 14, 2014 12:44AM

Thanks Rick,

I admire your attention to details...

I will take your suggestions on changing data-type and size. I think we should not take loose decisions while allocating memory.

>> KEY `idx_big` (`YEAR`,`Patient_Id`,`crisk`,`drisk`,`zrisk`,`arisk`,`acrisk`)

This big index was created by myself, expecting the query not to hit the table, instead it should reading all the required data directly from this index.( not sure how much this is usefull !)

> I see no PRIMARY KEY or other UNIQUE key. This seems unlikely.

I realize this now!, the combination of all dimension keys (as this is a fact table) will represent PRIMARY KEY, I will create this now

>> key_buffer_size 57671680
>How much RAM do you have _available_ to MySQL? That number should be about >20%.

I have 8 GB of RAM ( In test server) and 16 GB of RAM in production environment and above number is from test environment, key_buffer_size in production is 2GB.

There is some calculation I find in the net using Key_reads/Key_read_requests = 98% in my case in both test and production environments( not sure on how much sence this equation makes!).

Did not get your point on how much allocated to MYSQL? there is no other thing running on this machine except OS (Windows).

>> lets say if we select dimension A then we have to group the values to the >>respective diemension, same applicable for the rest of the dimension.

>Please provide some concrete examples.

we have to frame the same query which (I have provided for Year/Quarter) using other dimensions, just we have to change the dimension table, few dimension attribuets will change all the measures will be the same and will be aggegated in the same way.

SELECT py.Physician_Id,
py.Speciality Speciality,
py.Physician_Name ,
SUM(patCnt) PatientCount,
ROUND(AVG(CRisk), 2) CRisk,
ROUND(AVG(DRisk), 2) DRisk,
ROUND(AVG(ZRisk), 2) ZRisk,
ROUND(AVG(ARisk), 2) ARisk,
AVG(ACRisk) ACRisk
FROM (
SELECT YEAR,
ROUND(AVG(CRisk), 2) CRisk,
ROUND(AVG(DRisk), 2) DRisk,
ROUND(AVG(ZRisk), 2) ZRisk,
ROUND(AVG(ARisk), 2) ARisk,
AVG(ACRisk) ACRisk
FROM tmp_qfact_p2 ps
GROUP BY Physician_Id, patient_id -- YEAR,PATIENT_ID in the previous example
) temp INNER JOIN
physician_dim py
ON py.Physician_Id = temp.physician_id
GROUP BY py.Physician_Id

looking forward for your further sugessions.

Thanks
Mahesh

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
February 06, 2014 06:28AM
February 07, 2014 12:57PM
February 12, 2014 07:04AM
February 13, 2014 10:14PM
Re: Partitions and performance
February 14, 2014 12:44AM
February 15, 2014 11:36AM
February 17, 2014 06:43AM
February 17, 2014 12:45PM
February 18, 2014 11:36AM
February 18, 2014 11:02AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.